FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:41 am
DeaconY

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by Kudu19
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to MS'ing, just did about $2,000 in the past two months (following the take-it-slow rule to learn and not lose $$).
Yesterday I went to a Simon MalL to pick up two $500 VGC's.
When I asked the clerk that I wanted to buy a couple of giftcards, he asked how many, I then said two $500 ones for the upcoming shopping season and he goes "Oh that's it? I thought you were one of those guys that come here to buy 20 or 30 at a time. They spend $10,000 to $15,000 at a time"

I looked surprised and commented something like "Wow, they really like to shop with GC''s don't they".
His answer was "No actually they say they do that thing about making a #$#@load of points with credit cards, wish I knew how it's done".

My jaw dropped (in my head), I thanked him and left.

I can't believe there's some MS'ers that tell store clerks what they are doing!

That's how Target and hard coded registries happen imho.

Wish there folks would be less sharing of how "cool" their ms'ING accomplishments are out there, and keep their success stories to this board.

Leo
Oftentimes it is better to share a little bit of 'inside information' with a friendly CSR than to have them look at you suspiciously as though you were doing something wrong, or perhaps illegal.

By knowing you are in it for frequent travel as opposed to credit card fraud, they are more likely to be friendly and helpful.