FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:09 am
MNManInKen

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort (Florida)

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Not at all. I checked out after the first day and moved to a different hotel instead.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
- King Bed Corner Room with a view booked. Corner Room with view over parking lot received; no upgrade or other benefits offered.

How are the rooms?
After complaining about the room layout and the "view" on the parking lot, I was moved to a similar room but with a much nicer view on the waterway and gardens. Nevertheless, I remained very unsatisfied:
- The washing basins are *outside* the bathroom, *in* the bedroom area
- The room I was first given had one of the telephone handsets out of order and there was sticky fluid/substance not cleaned from one of the bedside tables
- Room was spacious and the decor was fairly nice, but the layout of the rooms is bizarre and the decoration could not overcome its other flaws

How is the exec. lounge?
- N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Modern building with decent looks
- View in some of the rooms is very good

Bad
- Most staff were disinterested and not very welcoming
- Location - nothing much of interest anywhere nearby
- No status recognition other than the perfunctory stating of status and offer of points or drinks at check-in
- No outside seating opened for breakfast
- Breakfast itself was below expectations

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
- No intention to return whatsoever. Plenty of much better hotels in the general area.