FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:28 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If this were anyone but Delta I would think it was a joke. Selling Comfort Plus as its own cabin is downright laughable. It's the same seat as coach with only a couple of inches of legroom and a free drink. Hey Richard, I wasn't raised on a farm but I know bull excrement when I see it.
I'll withhold full judgment till the changes are officially announced but on the surface I have to agree. Also, if this is an "upgrade" situation, who's to say I'll want an upgrade to C+ in all cases? I certainly don't want to be pulled from a regular aisle seat to a C+ middle seat. If this is a case where it's a gate upgrade situation, is the GA going to have to ask each Medallion being "upgraded" to C+ if they want the UG to a C+ middle seat over their current Y seat?

Right now I'm holding short of DM because I'm planning to rollover a lot of MQMs and have an easy road to PM for 2017. But one of the biggest benefits of PM may soon be taken away, so perhaps I will push for DM now and get DM if what I value most about PM (complimentary C+ at booking)would be taken away anyway. At that point, there wouldn't be a huge difference between GM and PM.