FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galoshes
Thread: Galoshes
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:56 am
antichef

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Depending on how bad the weather is I sometimes just travel with a pair of wellingtons and put the shoes in my hand luggage. Mind you when we are that level of bad weather I am usually (like today) travelling wearing a Goretex shooting coat with "poachers pockets" and the shoes go in there. Wellies are not too heavy and can be folded over.

It is pouring down today and pretty wild and windy where I am today (Belfast), but I could just as easily be in Nairobi this week and as it is the rainy season the same level of cover is sometimes required!

When I go to Germany in mid-winter the problem is snow, but the solution is the same. Often lots of it so galoshes would not suffice for me there, as the wellies protect my lower trouser legs too, as they do in heavy rain.

To be honest I had never thought of using galoshes when travelling and you have given me an idea for the less extreme weather than is more portable. Thanks.

I think it will depend on your level of bad weather. Short leg wellingtons are available.

Last edited by antichef; Nov 8, 2015 at 7:02 am