FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weekend in Las Vegas and another "free" Jetsmarter private charter
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:41 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Great pictures as always; looking forward to more! I believe Wynncore does not have floors that begin with a "4" because it is considered a bad-luck number in some Asian cultures.
BTW, I greatly enjoyed your exchanges a few weeks ago with a certain insufferable poster in one of the DL threads.
Thanks very much KevinDTW and for the insight into the reason there are no floors 40-49.

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
I'm a huge fan of the Wynn/Encore.
I ate with a group at Jean-George steakhouse in Aria a few years ago, and they did really poorly - food was Ok, but the service was frankly terrible. With so many great choices in Vegas, they only get one chance, and they blew it for me.
On the other hand, I just ate at Sinatra's for the 3rd time in 3 years! I love the vibe of that place. I talked to our waiter (Jay) on our last visit, and he told us that Mr Wynn wants everything to be perfect all the time - he's clearly got his finger on the pulse of the property and everyone cares about the experience, and it shows.
Thank you CRAZ8. We just love Wynn/Encore. Service is wonderful and the attention to detail is extraordinary. Interesting to read your take on Jean-Gerorges Steakhouse. We had good service, but the whole experience just wasn't a wow. Other than offering Jean-Georges a ton of money to put his name on the restaurant, not sure why he is here. The location is terrible. And yet another steakhouse? He has so many other wonderful restaurant concepts. Why not a Nougatine?

Originally Posted by mike&co
Another amazing TR SFO777 - visited Vegas once, stayed at the Mirage and thought it was an adequate hotel. Vegas itself was an interesting place to visit. That room was simply stunning
Thanks very much mike&co.

Originally Posted by kathykathy
mr sfo, you are tempting me to go to Vegas! I used to go about 3 times a year, but haven't been in a couple years. I usually stay at Aria. It is gorgeous, especially the suites. I was disappointed at Jean Georges - steak was just okay and the Bone Marrow was horrible! But you know Vegas - lots of restaurants to choose from.
Cheers, Kathy
Thank you Kathy. Interesting to hear your take on J-G as well. There are so many other great restaurants and chefs here.

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
Awesome report as always.
Any idea whose 747 that is parked with the Luxor in the background?
Thanks HawaiiTrvlr.

Originally Posted by SkiUtah747
That's Sheldon Adelson's (Las Vegas Sands') 747SP. One of the few still flying!
Thank you SkiUtah747 for identifying Adelson's 747SP. Still a beautiful bird.