FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:19 pm
garkster

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
First ever PS, in BF beginning of this week, EWR/SFO (connecting from MAD/EWR). Overall, meh. Getting into the UA Club no issue, though I was doubly qualified based on INTL BF connection and PS BF.

Cleaners terrible (also commented on by purser) -- many pillows missing pillowcases, some seats missing the headcloths (or whatever they're called), some missing headsets. Almost all got sorted out pre-departure. Moderately amusing (maybe) -- quickly ran out of Cabernet because only 1 bottle was boarded, vs. 3 bottles of Merlot -- I didn't care, drinking Buffalo Trace.

Crew was great (think it was sUA based on my experience and their demeanor). Catering not much better than regular domestic F. I was in 4B (7-row version), and the overhead light from the galley behind me (on the right side) blazed directly into my sight unless I fully reclined and pushed all the way back into the pod.

Bottom line, I wouldn't pay for it, and assuming I had E+ aisle, wouldn't care that much about not being up front.