FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:31 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
As JL and Lady K have jetted off to a fabulous weekend in the Golden State. I've just arrived in Chicago for tomorrow's airline collectibles convention at the Holiday Inn. I didn't even know I was going on this trip until 31 hours ago! It was spurred on by the airline collectibles convention and a chance to visit friends and fellow Denali drivers in northern Indiana. On the return I'm looking forward to trying out Iowa Pacific's new Hoosier State service between Lafayette and Chicago featuring an ex-1950s era Santa Fe Super Dome. As an added bonus, the Denver Broncos are in town to play the Indianapolis Colts. Hopefully the Broncs will leave town with their undefeated record intact.

As to the remaining questions, I'll check back Monday to address any that remain unanswered. Have a great weekend!

7. This airline claims to have established the world’s first commercial around the world route. Can you identify the airline and the route? (This could be a discussion item as it would seem more than one airline has made similar type claims.)

12. What was the world’s first airline to operate a passenger jet with a flight deck designed for just two crew? What kind of jet was it? A N S W E R E D

Bonus Question 12B: What was the world’s first airline to operate a non-propeller equipped passenger jet with a flight deck designed for just two crew? What kind of jet was it?

14. This airline launched the first ever scheduled jet flight to take place entirely within the Arctic Circle. Identify the airline, aircraft and route.

18. Can you name an airline named after its founder that also operated 747s? IN PLAY Braniff, Wardair, Ansett, Martinair, Kallat El-Saker Air , Khalifa and cargo operators Kalitta and MK Airlines have been identified so far. Any more out there?

Last edited by Seat 2A; Nov 6, 2015 at 10:19 pm