FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:35 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by jlemon

Speaking of Mexico and its air carriers, here's a bonus quiz item.....

In 1990, Mexicana was serving no less than 14 destinations in the U.S. plus one destination located in a U.S. territory. Name them all.
Last call for this bonus quiz item as my lady and I are departing tomorrow morning on yet another adventure, this time for a visit with an old sailing buddy who currently flies Boeing 777-200 aircraft as a Captain with American. We are off to his home in Santa Rosa (STS) in northern California where we will also attend the 2015 Wine & Food Affair in Sonoma County with over 100 wineries scheduled to participate:

https://www.wineroad.com/events/wine-food-affair/

And yes, we have a designated driver!

Our flight details: AA Eagle ERJ-145 LFT-DFW, AA A321 (in F) DFW-LAX and then an Alaska Air Dash 8 Q400 (operated by Horizon Air, of course) LAX-STS. We have a fairly lengthy layover at LAX and are planning to camp out for a bit at the UA Club in term 7 in case anyone wants to have a cocktail with us tomorrow afternoon.

Back to the quiz.....referencing post #7750, we are looking for the last three cities in the U.S. served by Mexicana in 1990. I'll provide them tonight if there are no takers.