FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2015 "HELP! I need XXX EQM / EQP / EQS by end of year" thread
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:36 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by Moindardt
I am trying to combine a MR with an interesting weekend and looking for advice on where would be a good choice, but it has to give me 9k EQP.

This is the first time I haven't had wife and kids with me (as I mix work and holidays for trips), so something that I might find interesting but kids/wife probably wouldn't (and I don't mean Hooters ). Hoping someone might have some experience that might point me in the right direction. SPG hotel would be real good.
Of the ones you list, I have been to AUA, SJU, and PTY. Given your criteria, I would suggest SJU. It is part of the US so that makes things easy administratively. It has Starwood properties. It has beaches - maybe not the very best in the region, but decent. It has culture and old stuff, and you can take day trips, such as to the El Yunque rain forest, the east coast of the island, or Ponce in the south.

Thanksgiving is the end of the off-season and also the very end of storm season, so there is a possible chance of rain/storms, but that is the Caribbean for you.

If you just want to go lay on a beach and get sunburned, go to AUA. No SPG properties though, I believe.

PTY is sort of similar to SJU, I guess, though for some reason when I was there it just didn't do much for me. The old town (Casco Viejo) has been completely redone, however, and is quite nice.