FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada meals for International Premium Economy Customers
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:29 pm
radnub

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Oct. 20, 2015
AC007
YVR-HKG

Great review! I don't have pictures so I'm borrowing a couple of yours.

Oct. 23rd
AC003
YVR-NRT

The menu is very similar except the main choice was chicken or beef and the only snack choice was cookies.

Main: I had the chicken and my boyfriend had the beef. He said his was good whereas mine was tasteless and all the sauce had been heated off. It was the first time I had to use that little packet of salt and pepper.

Tiramisu was good!

I didn't drink so I can't comment on that selection.

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ

Opted for the beef, which was tasty enough for Y food... but clearly Y food.

For the light snack I also chose the beef and HometoYYZ's photo looks identical to my meal. It tasted pretty good. The boyfriend had the chicken and he had no complaints either.

OCT 29th
AC004
NRT-YVR

I believe it was the same mains going home (chicken or beef) and then for breakfast congee or the omelette.

Mains: We both had the chicken and this time I did get sauce with my chicken. It was much better with sauce!

Dessert: Orange chocolate cake which was quite nice.

Breakfast: Ordered the omelette which was ok. Everything but the potato was all combined into the eggs but it works. I don't think the domestic J omelette is better though.

The meals are for the most part pretty good. I didn't choose PY for the food but it's nice to have a little extra than basic Y. I do find it funny that one meal is served on nice plates with proper cutlery while the next meal is served in the generic Y packaging with plastic tear-away on top and plastic forks. I guess you get one premium and one economy experience.

Service was good on both flights. On YVR-NRT the service felt like a group effort and went a bit quicker. On NRT-YVR, there appeared to be one FA designated to our cabin to take care of the main issues but there were other FAs floating around to help her out too.