FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requesting Assistance - Reservation canceled
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:29 pm
GNVGator

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Some web pages use cookies or what have you that the browser looks at as it loads info. If you do something on one tab, it MAY grab info from the current cookie (or whatever it is)...I have seen AA.com do things on one page/tab that is related to a DIFFERENT page I was just working on. I am going to guess that when you went to the cancel button on the old booking, AA.com loaded the 'then current' booking from the new interstitial cookie, and canceled that one.

You will never prove it.

Oh..."supervisor email"?? Thats funny.

and AA has a rate desk; and AA has revenue Management; and AA might have fixed the issue had you pressed this before booking and buying the replacement.
Thanks for responding and good to know about the cookies. That's probably the lesson to be learned here.

I know you were joking but I haven't dealt with AA long enough to know what lines of communication are available and what are not. With US there was a Chairman's email you could send that was pretty responsive.

I made that same point to the agent about the rate desk/revenue management hence the 10 rounds comment at the beginning. In fact when she said there was no rate desk I then asked her if she was suggesting that the entire revenue management process is handled externally? She then said no of course not but they can't do anything. Then I asked can't or won't because that is an important distinction. She then started turning fairly hostile saying essentially because the computer says cancelled online they can't do anything but waive the change fee.

But like I said earlier the evidentiary mountain was hard to overcome and like you said I can't prove it.

Needless to say it was a fairly frustrating conversation, should have HUACA but I was at work and under a time crunch.

Go Gators