FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:27 am
flyersba

Programs: 1K
Angry EWR- SFO OCT 26th- LOUSY!

Ive been bummed out about the switch from JFK to EWR since I first heard about it so was a bit apprehensive about my first trip from EWR.
First off, is UAL really trying to get away with putting the 16 seat 752 Int tin buckets on these routes with no wifi and old IFE after their regular flyers have become used to the newer 28 seat aircraft?
Why are they flying these tin buckets on the most popular routes and the newer ones on red eyes etc? it seems its mostly 16 seaters in and out of LAX.
Gone are the days of gambling on an upgrade clearing a week or so before departure, there were 44 people on one upgrade list to LAX on 10/25??? really? There are virtually no R seats until 2016 available.
My in-flight experience was lousy, the two FAs in the cabin were like a couple of siamese cats. No menu was given for the lunch order and when I asked if it was a P.S flight the response was- "I don't know"….. I about fell out of my seat. That combined with having to reset the IFE 4 times during the flight, no WIFI on the buckets (flyer beware) and then denied access to the lounge in SFO left my head spinning. Ive been flying PS every two weeks for the past 4 years and this was the straw that broke the camels back. As soon as AA comes up with a new 2016 Status Match Ill be saying Sayonara United.
Signed.

Pissed off 1K flyer.