FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:44 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
You guys crack me up. Both instances are taking the hobby to paranoid levels.
I've already got a couple of WMs in the area that only allow loading at the MC.

For those that allow loading at all registers, doing 2x500, 2x500, 1x500 is faster than using Kate. And some WMs in my area only allow a maximum of $1K load on a BB at registers other than the MC.

Originally Posted by devnull
Right, some here seem to assign little or no value to their time and think it's worthwhile to MS $5 at a time.
I don't know where you are or when you MS, but the lines at the MC can be wicked long. It's faster for me to go to the electronics dept, garden center, and front registers than wait in line at the MC.

As far as valuing my time, this is a hobby for me so I don't place any value on my time. If I accounted for all expenses, I wouldn't be doing MS and I doubt you would either because it's a minimum wage 'job'. Possibly sub-minimum wage.

Originally Posted by missing_link
Luckily (or not), I now live in a Walmart-dense area. I can visit 3 Superstores and 2 Neighborhood Walmarts in 30 minutes. Isn't really a burden on my time.
Same here; WMs and NMs are all over the place here. I usually stop by one or more when I'm going to other destinations. If the line's too long, I'll turn around and walk out because I can hit at least 2 different locations on a 5 mile drive.

I was loading at the MC of my closest Super WM a few days ago. This is a location that only allows BB loading at the MC. The person helping me said that she's always helping me load - I'll stop going there for a while because I have no desire to draw enough attention that I'm memorable to WM employees.

Edit: I'll just add that I'm sure there are a lot frustrated MSers (SFO and NYC area) who would gladly trade places with me. I have no desire to kill this in my area faster by loading $2.5K at the MC several times a month.

Last edited by iflyjetz; Nov 2, 2015 at 7:06 pm