FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Announcing SPG Member Exclusive Rates
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:22 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just booked one on spg.com. It appeared when I did a normal search.

However, something strange happened when I tried to apply a SNA. The listing of my stays said I could use a SNA, I clicked into the reservation and saw the expected invitation to apply a SNA at the top, clicked, checked the box for desired room types, cl;icked to apply the SNA, and got the box saying that SNAs cannot be applied for a list of reasons, none of which applied.

Then I called the Plat Concierge and she was able to apply SNAs to my reservation. However, they apparently didn't clear in the window (the reservation is for arrival within five days) and spg.com is still selling the room type which was checked for the upgrade.

The Plat Concierge also insisted that SNAs cannot be requested if the suite type is sold out, which doesn't agree with my understanding of how this feature of the program works.

Hence I wonder whether something strange happened with my attempt to use SNAs in this case.