FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long connection/stopover at ADD / Addis Ababa: lodging and airline courtesy?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:49 pm
phbl

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
The lounge referenced by phbl is for ET Cloud 9 (J) pax only - *G in economy get to go the the other lounge, which is always rammed, smaller, dodgy wifi, worse toilets. It's fine for a coffee for 60-90 minutes, but you'd go mad if you tried sitting there for 12 hours. The transit desk at the airport (jump the enormous queue with one wave of your *G card) will give you a free transit visa - just get out and explore.
thanks i didn't realize why the lounge i'm in right now (the *g one) was so different than the J one i posted earlier. but yes Stewie Mac this is confirmed. i was wondering why that lounge i mentioned was so much nicer (and brighter) than the one i'm in now.

the *g lounge is very basic and probably the worst *g lounge ever but honestly it's not the worst place in the world. catering is acceptable, people watching is awesome, free booze, staff are super friendly but yeah it's tight and people jockey for spots. but it's africa and free food + free booze is the win.

but for heavens sake if i could enter ethiopia without having to pay for a visa i would have.