FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:17 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 9volt
Would this card be worth keeping just for the Travel Together ticket?

If I could MS $30k a year, and aside from the taxes and fees, it seems to me paying $95 for a complimentary business class seat is a pretty good deal.

Even better if I could get the $95 waived, of course.

Thoughts?
Do you know how many avios a business class award would cost you?

Do you realize how much the "taxes and fees" might cost you?

The cert can only be used on BA flights, and IIRC, round trip only as well. But I am not sure about the R/T part because this is some pretty worthless feature to 90% of the people getting this card. MS or no MS.

It sounds like you have very little knowledge on how BA program works, you really need to get yourself familiar on that first before getting this card, let alone thinking about spending $30K to get the companion cert - which many had done so when the BA card was first introduced in 2009, quickly found out it was not as nice as it was presented. Many actually abandoned their certs... And that was before 2 or 3 devaluations of the BA program...

If paying a ton of Avios, plus $$$$ on the complimentary business class seat is OK with you, then may be...