FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:44 am
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by hnewman
So I had a work trip I booked for April next year and was offered FCM at booked 4 weeks ago, but figured I would get offers later and got none after I booked. Now the trip is now less than 180 days out but still no FCM offered and I figured 180 days might be some magic number but it was not.

Question when does DL go back and offer FCM for trips booked way out? It is a B fare so FCM was not that much more than the cost of the trip.

I generally never book work trips this far out.

Thanks
FCM is offered arbitrarily. I've looked at a flight, had it not be offered, looked at the seat map (but didn't change my seat), and had it offered when .bomb returned to the flight screen.

If you're already paying B, there's a good chance they'll waive the change fee if you upgrade to F.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why buy a B fare so far in advance? Especially if it's not a B-UP and you're not trying to confirm an instrument-supported upgrade at the time of purchase?
B gets +50% MQMs.

Last edited by Canarsie; Nov 15, 2015 at 7:38 pm Reason: Consolidation.