FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Rim: no suite upgrades loaded in the system for the rest of 2015...
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:46 am
TravelGuy1965

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Agreed... Some of the staff is great. In 2013 we stayed there one night on my daughters birthday when we were returning from Whistler. During breakfast at Oru a waiter named Nick spent the time to draw a birthday card himself. It was very impressive... He then had each of the people working in the restaurant sign it and gave it to my daughter along with a special banana break cake with a candle. My daughter was astounded and said it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for her. She is very creative and loves art so a card that was hand drawn so well made a very strong impression on her.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Fully agree. Rudolf (Rudi) Gimmi was a first-class manager, I had several good conversations with him and he knew how to take care of the more loyal customers. Unfortunately he left Fairmont ~1.5 years ago.

The Pacific Rim's first GM (Mr. Zupanski) was also excellent.

Same as you, I haven't been overly impressed with some of the policies at the Pacific Rim lately, though some of the staff are truly outstanding.