FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weighing carry-on baggage at CDG
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2015, 4:24 pm
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by orbitmic
+1 on the Dakar tale and

+1 on the Air France/CDG point.

And I guess I am one of those who is blissfully ignorant about the weight of hand luggage. I take one and the same bag with me since many years, and the only content that has changed was iPhones getting larger and iPad getting lighter, one or two more cables and a lighter PC. Never had an issue, but I never assumed that this means that it's within the limits. I was just never controlled. I might put it on a bathroom scale this weekend, just in case. The prospect of having to check luggage and to wait for delivery at the belt fills me with horror. It would require arriving at airports on average 20 minutes earlier than what I do now and adding 25 minutes for delivery (sometimes more, sometimes less). That's 45 minutes more per flight. If I multiply that with the number of flights I do I'd end up adding 187 hours to my trips, that's almost eight full days of the year just checking and waiting for luggage that until now I've taken on board. I know I'll have to, I generally abide by rules, but I certainly don't like it.