FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weighing carry-on baggage at CDG
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:21 pm
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Just deleted my quote-by-quote defense because I realized how it is getting us away from the one single point that I wanted to make and that all other points were made in defense.

I am not blaming anyone in particular for that "scope creep" and certainly I am just as guilty as I did introduce some of these points myslef to defend my initial point (maybe I just shouldn't have felt compelled to defend my original point).

So let me try something else:

Forget everything I wrote. My only comment is this one: There was a passenger whom I recognize did not comply with hand baggage weight rules. There can be no reason to bend the rules for him, but there was actually a great opportunity for an Air France agent to find a simple and effortless way for that pax to check-in that piece of hand luggage. However he/she/they chose not to, which led to the passenger having to throw away personal belongings, which I find quite radical given that there was another much more consructive option at hand. So I do criticize Air France for not having opted for the positive solution to help out that passenger.

I do understand and accept that some people feel that this would be too much to ask for from the agent. I haven't heard any compelling arguments yet why making that one phone call would have been so difficult, but I respect their opinion and I agree to disagreeing on that point.