FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:55 pm
TxH2O

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
I think the point I was making that was picked up on was the fact according to oneworld rules, my itinerary LAX-ORD-PVG does not fall under the AA domestic carveout because it is not a "solely" North American itinerary.

At first the lounge dragon claimed the langugage was ambiguous. Given I used to write corporate finance policies in a prior career iteration, the language on oneworld is about as clear as it can get in corporatespeak. All OW Emeralds to be admitted except AA elites on solely North American itineraries at lounges operated by a oneworld carrier.

Critical rule:

Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.

Only exception that may apply at LAX for AA elite flyers at the QF F lounge:

American Airlines AAdvantage® members and US Airways Dividend Miles members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.

Under no logical interpretation is a LAX-ORD-PVG be considered "SOLELY" North American flights.

At this point their manager claimed they're going to try to change the language on oneworld.com, and they weren't subject to OneWorld rules anyway.

Last edited by TxH2O; Oct 29, 2015 at 11:26 pm