FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tourist Card for Cuba at MEX - anyone?
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:15 pm
'andad

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamieb0202
Hi andad,

Last year I travelled from MEX-HAV when I was living in Mexico. We flew with Interjet and went to the airport a few days before (just to be sure) and queued up for the Interjet international check in desks upstairs in T1. We explained we needed the tourist card and paid then and there in cash and were given the card immediately. All very simple. I can't remember the cost but it wasn't any more than 750 MXN for the two of us if I remember correctly (i.e. $25 USD per person approx.)

I'm sure it'd be just as easy with Aeromexico. In theory, you could probably do it the morning of your flight to Cuba when checking in.

If you could do it in the UK prior to your trip that'd be safest I guess. Otherwise, I'm sure you could get it on arrival in MEX. Don't forget a few things. The BA243 arrives at T1 around the same time as most of the other European flights, so immigration and customs will be busy. By the time you clear arrivals, it might be an hour later and then you'd have to trek over to T2 where Aeromexico is based. That all takes time. So maybe try asking Interjet first, upstairs in zone F2 (FYI BA is in the next hall to the left, F3).

Hope that helps
Thank you Jamie and others, just the info I needed ( although surprised CWS didn't beat you all to it, is he unwell?).