FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:17 am
rdurlabhji

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by dmazza
I stayed at the JW in July. Was our actual room the most updated and what you might expect from a JW? No. Is the rest of the hotel very nice? Yes. The staff were great - very accommodating and welcoming. They were moving the M-club the day after we left, but the food there was VERY good. The location is great - at least for accessing French Quarter. Short and easy walk. The area seemed safe. We had considered the Saint, but my husband was nervous about it's proximity to Rampart Street - which is not known to be a good area at all. Not sure if that is or isn't an issue. We paid only a little over a hundred per night. My husband works for the govt, so we either used a govt rate or a it might have been a AAA Hot Deal. It's hotter than hades down there in July, so maybe rooms at cheaper then too?
The general rule is to not walk up (away from the river) from Rampart. I've stayed on Rampart itself and it was fine but I wouldn't venture much further at night.

Thanks for the update on the JW. I think I'll stay there for New Years unless I can scrounge enough points for the Ritz.

ETA the JW is closer to two of my three favorite NOLA restaurants - Luke and Cochon. The third is equidistant - K-Pauls (RIP Chef Prudhomme). I'm excited to try out R'evolution next trip.

Last edited by rdurlabhji; Oct 28, 2015 at 10:28 am