FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:14 am
Longboater

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ashill
Re AUH, DL has announced that they're dropping ATL-DXB (snarky DL blog post and FT thread).

That makes it particularly interesting that AA (apparently) considers AUH worth throwing at the dartboard, at least if there's no antitrust immunity.
I'm not very familiar with this situation but is it possible AA and EY enter into a JBV? I don't think DFW-AUH has a chance unless EY/AA either receive a joint venture or at least significantly extend their codesharing as much as possible. Quite frankly, I don't see how DFW-AUH works with EY operating on the route, albeit four times a week. If DFW-AUH does end up working, its pretty safe to say there is zero chance of AA ever returning to India no matter how slim that possibility was even with aircraft arriving in the future that could make India profitable.