FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 First Class
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:45 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by SuiteFlight
One thing that Etihad noticeably lacks in First catering, to Emirates catering (and some other airlines that offer First), is the lack of premium offerings.

On SQ, CX, EK, OZ, ANA, WY, LH, LX, etc - even QF now - premium speciality or signature dishes are part of the First menus, where caviar, truffles, and such "luxury" foods feature.

I really don't mind if it's ordinary or fancy food that Etihad serve, as long as it's of high quality, but given that they struggle with not overcooking the steak (yet to get medium rare) and the bread sometimes, it's not something they've been able to get quite right.
Just as another reference I completely agree with SuiteFlight. I do understand a lot of these opinions are subjective - but I also believe Emirates highly outperforms Etihad in the catering department - both on the ground and in the air.

Furthermore, I did find SQ, CX, QF, QR all had food which was of a much higher quality than EY.

Once again, those are only my opinions and I think the best way to judge for yourself is to try it out