FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alcohol serving hours in Maple Leaf Lounge Toronto & Calgary
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:08 pm
YEGTigger

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by pitz
Nope. The airport authorities do not pay municipal taxes*, for instance. They are not subject to zoning bylaws or building code inspections of the province/municipality. I could go on and on with examples of how airports and the operations of airlines (including their proprietary lounge facilities) are *not* regulated by the provinces or legislation flowing from the provincial authority.

But by all means, next time you're in the MLL, use your smart phone to snap a shot of the MLL's (provincial) liquor license. I've never seen one there, even though they're generally required to be posted in provincially licensed establishments. If you can post such, I will thus stand corrected.

* http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ions-1.3023841
Regina voted an exemption for the airport for taxes.

YEG certainly pays property taxes to the local government. You'll find it included in on page 61 of last year's annual report along with a comment about the increase due to increase in land value assessment. That's also what keeps driving the whole Edmonton should annex the airport land discussion.

YEG is run by the EAA so it isn't federally operated. Based on the previous poster, I wonder if that means the Edmonton police service would staff if the city ever succeeded with the annexation.