FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 15, 1:05 pm
Seat 2A

Programs: Alaska Airlines Million Miler, United Airlines Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond Level
2. This airline was the world’s largest operator of Convair 990s.

Per jrl767: I'm guessing (again without looking up anything) that this question was actually inspired by the recent exchanges with our esteemed colleague WHBM about the sadly decrepit Coronado at Palma, Majorca ... Spanish charter operator Spantax

Per WHBM: I'll say American, who had 20 of them. Spantax was the largest operator for the latter part of their service, but they didn't have 20 overall.

The [url=https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1979/1979%20-%202843.html]information I was referencing indicated it was Spantax but given WHBM's explanation, I suppose one could that depending upon how you view the question, you're both correct.

BTW, I apologize for the delay in responding to these. I shut down my laptop about an hour before landing and spent last night in the desert where there was of course no internet access. I did get to see a desert tortoise though! They're smaller than I had thought!