FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:33 am
gardengirl

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by David_
There wasn't much convincing to do.

Regular credit CSR has no idea why my account was locked.
Fraud prevention had no idea why my account was locked.
Private client banker had no idea why my account was locked.
Level 2 CSR that private banker called had no idea why my account was locked.
Level 3 CSR that private client banker was escalated to had no idea why my account was locked but said that when it happens it is FOREVER.
Chase EO had no idea why my account was locked and could not unlock it.

Chase EO (level 2?) had no idea why my account was locked but said they would unlock it. Went through the usual security questions and was verified. They tried to kick me back to level 2 but apparently that rep had failed their security check and was locked out of their system. Got kicked around multiple departments at home and abroad. Finally got on with a senior Chase Online rep who said they could unlock the account. They were unable to do it and put me on hold while a supervisor looked at it. Supervisor came back on with me and said they were still looking over my account notes. Eventually they unlocked the account and I was good to go.

The level 2 EO rep called me back the next day and I told them my issue was resolved. Didn't bother to ask about the checking account.
This is a bit of old news but now that it's resolved and history of your credit card business was fully reviewed, how has it changed your current CC usage? Did you open checking with new bank?