View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 15, 1:06 pm
mahka42

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Performance, performance, performance.

My flights almost always depart and arrive on time (maybe sheer luck? unless it's a wx issue), and my bag makes it too. I've only ever had one missing bag with DL, which they recovered and delivered to me within 8 hours.

When IRROPS happen, DL has had the best service recovery I've experienced, with agents (gate, ticket, call center) who are willing to work with you, especially if you come with some solutions (new flight numbers, OAL flights, etc.). I still remember snowmageddon 2010/2011 (?) flying out of DCA to get back to SFO. DL upgauged the aircraft to try to get as many people onto the last flight before the airports shut down. Missed the original connecting flight in MSP and I had a new flight and boarding pass as soon as I walked off the plane.

Now that I'm in NYC, having the JFK/LGA routes helps with options, but even when I was in SFO, I would gladly take the connections.

The FAs seem to be better than most US domestic airlines. Hard product is pretty top domestically, ok when up against the international players, but in the end, DL gets me where I want to go when I want (and planned) to be there.