FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: HA only
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:12 pm
rs2015

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hyatt Residence Club, HH Gold
Originally Posted by scvrusher
It didn't work. It's been about 20 days since the purchase with no credit, so I think it's unlikely at this point that anything is going to post. The purchase was coded as "HAWAIIAN GIFTS HAWAIHONOLULU HI" rather than to Hawaiian Airlines directly, so it doesn't look like gift cards count towards the credit.

My guess though is that airfare purchased directly with the airline still might count. I've seen reports on this thread that people were credited with inter-island flight purchases, I wouldn't be surprised if that worked on other routes as well.

Anyway, I'm glad I did this little experiment and was able to add this data point regardless. And now I also have a $200 excuse to go to Hawaii.
I used my Amex platinum to purchase a $50 GC as a test and was reimbursed three days later. I initially purchased the GC, but had forgot to select an airline on the Amex website for the credit and actually did it a day after purchasing the giftcard.