FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:26 am
vsevolod4

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
IC Frankfurt

IC Frankfurt

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes (multiple stays)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest on AAA rate (which curiously included breakfast). Upgraded to a corner jr. suite (1000) with Club Access.

How are the rooms?
Perfectly OK. Nothing exceptional.

How is the exec. lounge?
Nice view. Extended hours (breakfast from 06:30, snacks, afternoon tea, free drinks until 20:30, dinner until 21:00, beer, wine and apfelwein seem to be on most of the day). Not always attended.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A jar of chutney. Thankfully 100ml only. Not sure if liquid or solid; the German security checked it and OK'd it for carryon.

How was the minibar?
I remember more hard liquor before -- only 3 mini-bottles. A half of white, a half of red, a half of champagne. Beers, Apfelwein and usual soft drinks.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
They remembered I've been there before.
Club Access is automatic for RAs
As I was leaving at 05:30 they prepared a box meal -- a sandwich, yogurt, OJ, mineral water. Nice of them
Nice location; 3 blocks from the train station, river view, walking distance to the museums (opposite side of the river), the financial district, the opera, a somewhat longer walk to the Old Town, or to the Sachsenhausen district with the "green wine" taverns. Quiet neighborhood.

-Bad
Lobby kind of boring and sterile. Hotel getting long in the tooth.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Actually quite good money for an IC in a major city; half the price of the swankier IC Dusseldorf, and turned out cheaper than the Hilton in Bonn. With all the RA benefits, a no-brainer. There are a few cheaper ICs out there, but I can't think of many in major world financial centers.

Would you return?
I do all the time, since FRA is a common layover thanks to UA/LH hub.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Oct 22, 2015 at 12:40 am Reason: added name of hotel to post instead of post title only