FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thailand: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket - incl QR Business B787 & A380 and Amanpuri
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:15 am
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
we were amongst the first to board and the immediate difference to the B787 (not surprisingly of course) is the sheer size of the cabin. QR has 8 First 'suites' upstairs, 12 (I think) rows of J, a premium bar plus a Y section upstairs.

all of downstairs is Y.

The J section is not split but one big section.

Stu1985, this one is for you!

The seat itself is the same / very similar so I won't comment on features again.

a few things to mention though. the overhead bins above the windows are actually quite small. Not E190/170 small but my bag only just about fitted in so a proper "US style" wheelie bag might have struggled above the windows.

Both the 787 and 380 have individual air fans (2 per seat) which I really like as gives me more control over temperature etc.

The 380 has side bins between seat and window where the mattresses were stored. These were very comfortable and actually were of the elastic band type that went around the seat, i.e. firmly fixed, not just placed on top of the seat as happens in BA F.

There were PJs which are of better quality than BA F ones and have a bit more of an interesting style.