FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2015)
Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:18 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by RyanNYNJ
Didn't see that my bad. it's been a couple months since I hit up walmart. reloadits for serve and MOs at S&S have been way easier
No worries; the new limit ($1999.99/day load at registers) leaves several questions, especially since the number is exactly the same as Kate's velocity limits.

Originally Posted by DeaconY
Loading at the one reliable Kate in the area on Friday and I noticed a woman get in line behind me. I was about to ask if she needed the ATM (wince I was only on card 3 of my staples $300s) when I noticed her start opening a gift card package. I figured if she is that damn dumb she can wait. I finish my load and give her a warning about the velocity limit.

I said I had started less than 10 minutes ago and loaded 1500 so she would need to be careful about the limit. She mumbled something and gave me a stink eye like I was going to mug her in the middle of WM. I then glanced at her gift card to realize it was a OV (distinctive package) and tell her never mind since she can't load the full 500 anyway! Got another grumble and she stepped to Kate. I got the distinct impression she was clueless and arrogant so I actually grabbed a seat at the bank of photo computers so I could watch. After about four frustrated swipes she gets extremely agitated and picks up her cell to call someone apparently to ask for directions. I had enough and started to walk out and told her that the gift card she was trying to use doesn't work at WM unless she only planned on 49.99 at a time. I tried to be polite and quiet so as to not alert the nearby CSRs. She was speaking English on the phone but then pretended like she didn't understand what I was saying and started speaking Korean to whomever was on the other line. As I left i saw her walking her brand new BB and a OV to the money center desk to try and load there. It's those types that know enough to be dangerous that will eventually kill it all for us. All because she or her husband read some half assed article about "how to fly for free!"
Funny story; she sounds like an arrogant douche.
My guess is that she won't last very long in the MS game.

There are several differences between Target and WM, not the least of which is Target's excellent data mining vs Walmart's zero data mining. Target probably knew close to the exact profit/loss of every person with a RB, while WM has no idea if it's profitable. If WM looks at BB as an advertising cost where it gets a customer through the doors several times a month, they're probably less concerned about its direct profitability and more interested in getting BB users through the doors more often.