FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 8 days in Rio Nov - advice on fittin in trip to Iguazu Falls?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 5:31 pm
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
From my experience, 1/2 a day at the Brazilian side is fine. A whole day in the Argentinian side at a minimum.

We flew up from BA, stayed in a hotel Puerto Iguassu and had a Viator "tour" that took us over to the Brazilian side. It was just a lady in a car with only us two. It was midweek in the off season though. However, she handled the passports at customs for us and we got waived through on the way back. She was from the Brazilian side. Because it wasn't busy, we were able to do the walk in less than 2 hours.

For the Argentinian side we got a bus from outside our hotel which was before the main part of town. It was a great and cheap way to get to falls. Once in we headed straight to Devil's Throat and spent over an hour there. Those in tour groups were marched in and out in less than 15 mins. We spent the rest of the day exploring the park and would love to go back again and spend more time there. Maybe just 2 days.

Weekends in Rio are better. Midweek in the falls to avoid the weekend rush there.

Loved Ipanema. I felt it had a nicer feel than Copacobana and Leblon was very walkable. We walked to the botanic gardens and around the lake. We did a tour to get up to Christ the Redeemer which was an easy way to do it , but meant we only had around 30 mins up there. Do Sugarloaf Mountain at dusk and watch the sun go down. Follow the crowds back to the bus stop. I had no problems on the subway there either.