FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2015)
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:26 pm
carlitos

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Newyorker11
I'm not getting it. Why are so many people switching from RB to BB? Isn't there a same difficulty loading BB or serve in WM with VGC if you go through cash register or money center?

Wiki says to handover the bank debit card if asked. In money center, it is difficult to switch cards because the CSR can see it.
Have you ever been to a Wally or Targei in the Mid West? They just do not care what you are loading with. If the machine prints a receipt, they will allow you to do it.

Targei hard coded its points of sale for RB loads to cash only, and now you can not load with a plastic card (Debit or Gift), so everyone is going back to Wally

Personally, I left Serve one year ago and went to RB to start loading with Credit Card. In May of this year, I could have gone back, but it was so easy to load at Targei, that I decided to stay. Now that RB is real cash only, I decided to try BB, because I found out that Serve now has different versions, but you can not load with a CC the $1,000 a month you could in the past. So BB it is.