FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticket re-issued, for no appearent reasons...?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:40 am
AlwaysAisle

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Ticket re-issued, for no appearent reasons...?

First time for me. Purchased round trip to NRT for November on AA.com with all flights on AA flight number back in September. I received receipt via e-mail back in September, only 5 – 10 minutes after I purchased the ticket I received a receipt. That was it, I could view the reservation on AA.com and nothing unusual.

Out of nowhere, last night I received another receipt for the exact same trip via e-mail. I thought schedule change? But no, nothing has changed. When I looked up at a ticket number on a new receipt I received last night, the ticket number was different from the receipt I received on September.

Looks like AA reissued the ticket. My reservation still show all seats in Main Cabin but I thought my upgrade has cleared? I called AA twice and said I am still on the waiting list. On the second call the agent acknowledged that there was ticket reissue, but could not figure out why the ticket had to be reissued.

Is this anything to do with AA and US reservation system merging? My biggest question is that both agents confirmed that I am still on the waiting list for the upgrade. With this ticket reissued for unknown reason, did I lose my place on the waiting list? Did I go back to the bottom of the waiting list due to this unknown ticket reissue?