FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Ended / Motion Passed: Creation of a Smoking Section
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:19 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
When I was on TalkBoard we had one TB member who *always* sent out a questionnaire for each new request -- I was reasonably fine with that....*as long as* it was never held up as a requirement for a motion to be raised to create the forum. That said, individual TalkBoard members who were not me *could* decide that filling out the questionnaire was required in order to get that TB members vote. That's up to that TB member, of course.
I was probably that TB member (or maybe not). I know I would post the questionnaire because often folk would suggest a forum but not know much about how TB comes up w/ their recommendations to the CD/IB or how to move forward. And the answers (or lack there of) could help TB members in determining whether to move forward w/ creating a forum. But I don't know of any TB members over the years that said the questionnaire was the sole criteria for voting yes/no on a forum. As others have noted, FTers voted for us to use our judgment.

Cheers.