FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: US 408 FA removes pax at PHX, people boo 12 Oct 2015
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:01 pm
cbn42
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
So as you can see, there are two completely different accounts so far to this event. How can you make a determination on fault based on whats currently been presented?
I'm not making a determination of fault. I'm saying that I find the passengers' determination of fault to be credible. As I explained earlier, it would be almost impossible for a passenger to say or do something that would justify being removed from the plane without other passengers noticing.

Originally Posted by DiscHandler
So if we assume the following (1) she was on the phone, (2) she didn't hear the attendant multiple times ask her to move, (3) she then responded in a snarky fashion when he became "louder", would that justify a removal? I don't know.
To me, not at all. Neither being on your phone nor using snark is a valid reason to remove someone from the plane. Failure to follow crewmember instructions has to be willful in order for it to merit a penalty. With regards to responding "in a snarky fashion", that is a completely subjective judgment and anyone can make the argument that a comment was snarky.