FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: US 408 FA removes pax at PHX, people boo 12 Oct 2015
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:04 pm
DiscHandler

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cbn42
I find it very unlikely that a passenger could do something that would justify being removed from the aircraft without the surrounding passengers noticing. An aircraft cabin is a cramped place. If she did something in the jetbridge or at the front of the cabin while getting on, that would be one thing. However, assuming that this incident began after she sat in her seat, I don't see how it's possible that the people around her would not see it.

I also doubt that passengers would boo if they weren't fairly sure they knew what was happening. If I suddenly saw a flight attendant removing a passenger without knowing the backstory, I would start wondering what happened, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Based on a preponderance of evidence, the flight attendant is at fault. Of course there isn't enough evidence to convict him of a crime.
Not entirely true. See the link below. The passenger admitted that she was busy talking on her phone while boarding and in the aisle. She may have ignored the flight attendant (the 4 times could be an exaggeration but who knows) when he asked her to move out of the aisle and take her seat.

Most passengers are on their phones listening to music or playing games and probably would overlook this type of interaction till it escalates. So if we assume the following (1) she was on the phone, (2) she didn't hear the attendant multiple times ask her to move, (3) she then responded in a snarky fashion when he became "louder", would that justify a removal? I don't know. I see so many passengers ignore agents/attendants that I feel sorry for them. If you add in a racist/homophobic slur, I see the equation shifting.

Tiana Fough says she was busy talking while boarding the flight bound for Portland and finding her seat. The flight attendant asked her to move out of the aisle but she didn't realize it until she says he started barking orders at her.

“He said, ‘I asked you four times to stay there and you did not do as I asked.’ I was like, I didn't hear you, I didn’t hear what you said," explained Fough.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...oo-flight-crew