FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dodging Volcanic Ash: A trip to Bali / Singapore with my 11 year old (DL,OZ,KL,JL J)
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:41 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DanielW
Great start worldtraveller73, especially with the LAX In-N-Out !

Looking forward to your (hopefully volcano trouble-free) Bali adventure too.
Thanks. The LAX In - N - Out is a special place. I thought FlyerTalker's were slightly crazy until I had the opportunity to visit myself. There's nothing like having planes land almost on top of you while enjoying a burger in the California sun. I'd recommend a visit to anyone.

Travel safe DanielW. This report will seem exceptionally tame compared to your adventures through Mogadishu. ^

Originally Posted by fieldeng
Great report as always. I look forward to the rest.

CRJ900's like DL's and even AA/US don't have ovens so it's not surprising you didn't get a hot meal.
Fieldeng - you raise a very valid point; one I should have caught myself. It was Embrauer equipment in my case but it was something I hadn't given a second thought to in quite a while.

Originally Posted by farbster
looking forward to reading the rest. One day I might make it back to Bali and I'll even consider taking the kids!
Thanks farbster. Bali and Singapore were a great visit with kids with lots to keep them entertained.

Originally Posted by louislitt

I look forward to the rest of this Trip Report, sounds like it is going to a good'un! I'm trying to work out why I presumed it was just you and your son going for a trip

When you said you were a free agent I also inferred that you were working for yourself. Don't know why that happened either... its been a long day.

Anyways have a great and safe trip Team WorldTraveller73!

Kind Regards LL

Thanks louislitt! It's usually just me and MrsWT73 travelling. However, it's an achievement to be able to do an overseas trip with a young person. It's also a bit different than the usual adventures around here.

Originally Posted by benjahman
Great start. Looking forward to the rest of the report, specifically the Bali and OZ J parts!
Thank you benjahman - the Asiana A380 business class and the Tom Bradley International Experience is coming right up!