FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: US 408 FA removes pax at PHX, people boo 12 Oct 2015
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:37 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lobo411
They absolutely should, and I suspect where one comes down on this issue comes down to whose ox is being gored.
There needs to be a line somewhere. Flight attendants belong to the customer service industry. In such a role, the employee is expected to get beaten up a bit (figuratively of course) from time to time by the customer, and is expected to handle the situation as professionally and politely as possible. Ask any bartender, waitress, cashier, etc. and they will tell you plenty of stories of having to handle rude, ignorant, and abusive customers with dignity and grace and without making a scene. The same holds true for flight attendants. Unless the customer was a clear danger to the safety of the flight, they should not have been deplaned.

Originally Posted by lobo411
What was the content of this snarky comment? And what transpired in the 3-5 mins that preceded it? Ask your friend. I bet he's an honest guy who will honestly say "I don't know."
Clearly you seem to be very knowledgeable on what did happen so perhaps you could enlighten us? Or are you being equally speculative..?