FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels Property Review Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:55 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Quality Suites Scottsdale Near Old Town - Tempe, AZ

This is not a good hotel.

First of all, the location is a complete fabrication. The hotel isn't even in Scottsdale and is at least 7 miles from Old Town. It's in North Tempe on Rural Road next to a Quick Trip gas station and near several bars, restaurants and liquor stores. You're a 15 minute drive to PHX and about 25 minutes to Downtown Phoenix.

Check in was a bad experience. I showed up at 2:20 and was greeted with "we're not checking anyone in until 3". When I came back, I endured 10 minutes of the agent struggling to check me in. Also, they have an outright bribe posted to try and get better reviews (they'll give you $15 if you write a good one and show it to them before you post it).

The room was okay, though furniture is worn out. I was never given a Wifi code and I tried calling the front desk half a dozen times and no one ever answered.

I stayed here because I needed a cheap place to shower and change between hiking and a wedding. It's fine for that purpose but not much else.

Grade: C-