FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Mumbai, India [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
dickie98

Programs: Lifetime Plat; SQ PPS; AA Platinum
Three night stay here in mid-september. Booked a standard room and upgraded to a panoramic view room (similar to other FT members). Didn't really care about the suite upgrade as I was travelling alone and out and about most of the day. Booked and received the Toyota car pick up and was met on the ground floor. Check-in was completed in-room with the butler and guest services lady rather than in the lobby, which was a nice touch.

Concierge was helpful and booked a car to take me around for the day to sight see at a really reasonable rate with a relatively knowledgeable driver. Didn't experience the issue with the butlers some others have had. They got my pressing and coffee / tea requests correct for the duration of the stay.

Had dinner at the formal North Indian restaurant and really loved the food; some of the best I had in India. Price wise, a great value for a St. Regis. Breakfast buffet was adequate but I thought the JW Marriott Juhu had a better spread and their dosa was not as good.

Location is terrific with a large mall next door and several dining options from Mc'Ds / BK to sit-down / fast casual type places. Also there is a krispy kreme on the 2nd floor.

Will also echo some of the fit and finish issues with the rooms (stained carpeting, uneven finishes in the bathroom / bedroom walls) but nothing major.

Used the hotel car for ride to the airport and was upgraded to the Benz, which was nice. Overall, would recommend if you like SPG. It is right around the corner from the Four Seasons, which was also a very nice hotel.