FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Eff. 7 Oct. 2015 - First Alcoholic Drink in Economy free for GS and 1K.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:33 pm
cerealmarketer

They've actually had a printout of 1K/GS in Economy for several years now.

Just saw a manifest today and same thing.

Prob easier to limit it to 1K / GS so no change to the 1980s style printout.

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke777

I received two free drinks in Y last night on a UA Express flight. Wasn't sure if it was because of the maintenance delay, turbulence, no catering for a 3.5 hour flight, or another reason. Looked like they had a printout, which must have included those eligible to receive a free drink.

Thumbs up.

This printout may have started a little earlier. On my last flight a couple weeks ago, the Y flight attendant thanked me and my wife for being 1Ks, out of the blue, not offering a drink . I was surprised as I have found that post merger Y FAs seem to not care about the manifest at all. Back in the old United days I would get business cards from the pilots and purser every so often and frequent free drinks in Y proactively from very experienced SEA-based FAs.

Nice to see this "little thing", hoping to see more little things they can do that could have BIG impact:

1. Allow GPUs on all fare classes.
2. Offer TODs to elites too (preferably further discounted based on status?)

Everyone please send in through UnitedAirtime quickly your wishlists while they might be listening! I suggest sending each suggestion as a separate submission so they can classify them easier.