FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oct 8th AA908 EZE-MIA 11:15 p.m. departure: 3 or 2 class configuration?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:00 am
fedechat

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Hey guys, lets to clarify something based on my own experience ;-)

The last flight from EZE (AA908) is sold as a 2 class because every two days that flight is covered with a 772 retrofit plane. When they confirm that no retrofit will be used, they will start selling F seats (around T24, last minute and just 1 seat). You may get a seat on the first row (First cabin), but around T24, they will move you back to the Business cabin, then they will upgrade those who are applying eVip or paying F seats. Sometimes they will just block those seats and the First cabin will fly empty.

I took this route a couple weeks ago, I flew 909 on a Friday and 908 on a Tuesday, I knew that at least one leg will be on a retrofit plane. The outbound was on the old 772, I paid for Y and applied my eVip on both legs... then around T24 they upgraded me to First, I didn't pay attention to this, thinking it was going to be a J service but just seated in F cabin, that's why I didn't use the Flagship at MIA, then I found I was flying in F with a real F service from AA (PJs included).
On the inbound I flew the retrofit plane, which was good because I really want to try this seats and as we know, there are only 5 planes with this configuration.

If you think I'm giving you the wrong information, you can now check on AA.com, MIA-EZE 909 for today is served by the old 772 plane (N765AN), you can buy a First Class seat at the moment and if you buy a J ticket, you will not be able to select the row 1-4.

Fed