View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 15, 6:28 pm
sweetrose

Success booking on All Nippon

Heard about fantastic redemptions for Etihad guest miles (first class, ~90K r/t US-Japan) on blogs and attempted to help my parents use their nearly 300K banked to book a trip to Japan. I tried all the usual avenues: called customer service -- they were unhelpful. Tweeted about it -- got minimal traction. Emailed the CEO (just googled "Etihad CEO" to find an address)-- got a response which seemed promising asking for the details of the flight I was looking to book. Following some tips I found online, I had read to use United's Mileage Plus award lookup on their website to look for *likely* rewards. I forwarded the details of the flight as requested. Many followups later, I was told that the request was denied due to lack of availability and the matter was closed. I had planned to email again, but got lost in the shuffle (and my fatigue fighting the powers that be, lol )

Imagine my surprise when my father received a phone call the other day (maybe 3-4 weeks later!) saying that his business class award tickets were confirmed, with tickets issued and reading confirmed in the emails we received. Extremely surprising! - but as far as I can tell, we will be traveling to Japan in business class for 255K r/t (+~800 "fees") for 3 tickets. Just thought I'd share a success story. The person that called my father to notify him of the confirmed tickets told him that the redemption needed to be approved by higher management, so perhaps that is part of the reason it is relatively harder to make this booking. Anyway, just wanted to share a success story. Well, I guess we'll see if something happens to the ticket, but the pdf I have confirms the flight and says seats need to be assigned at check in. So it seems legit. Good luck!