FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Denied Boarding on Baby's First Flight
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:29 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jljones000
The supervisor told me she had a "check" in the amount of $370. I glanced at it and it looked like a check; however, since I told her there was no way I would accept that amount, she would not let me see the check or the paperwork that she had told me I would have to sign in order to get the check. I called the Memphis airport the next day and spoke with a United rep who told me that the paperwork that the supervisor refused to provide me when I told her I would not accept their offer was, in fact, the written IDB rights statement that the DOT regs require United to provide.

If that is true, then United intentionally withheld the written statement of rights from me based on my refusal to accept their insufficient offer. At this point, I can't figure out of United trains their supervisors to act in bad faith or if they have just have such substandard compliance procedures that something this egregious could take place.
Again, this counds like something that's a DOT violation. They cannot require you to accept an offer in order to give you the written statement advising you of your rights, although I guess they could ask you to sign that you've been given the written statement of your rights.

Were there other IDBs (or VDBs) that you observed on the two flights?