FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates over rated?
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:45 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by aceboy44

.................................................. ........

What do you folks think? If I take that extra flight (flex Plus fare for 8k miles) with Emirates then I’m feeding them my $$$ which they don’t deserve. On the other hand, it would be "foolish" to miss my gold status because of a bad incident with Emirates.

Please no immature responses, what would you do if you were in my shoes? Would you still fly Emirates to enjoy the gold benefits? I don’t want to start from scratch with another airline unless they do status match……
I would strongly advise that you do not give Emirates any more of your money, given how unhappy you clearly are with their service and their treatment of you.

This is, after all, far from an isolated incident ; on several occasions in the past you have recounted other instances of EK personnel giving what you consider to be wholly unsatisfactory responses to your requests.

I say it is much better that you do not get hung up on the status thing, but instead fly with whichever carrier you believe will meet your needs in treating you the way you feel you deserve to be treated.

One final point : IF - after the level of criticism you have aimed at Emirates (and the sort of action you categorically stated you will be taking as a result) - you continue to use them just because of the prospect of a shiny card, then please don't be surprised if your posts are never again taken seriously by anyone here on the forum.