FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates over rated?
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:36 am
SuiteFlight

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I totally agree that it really isn't a passenger's problem to think about the airline's point of view when it comes to internal processes etc... [they] should rightly not care about... [operational] issues... Those are all issues for the... [airline] to deal with.
I'd certainly agree that airline operations, the creation of policy, procedures, and governance systems are not things passengers should involve themselves with (they are, after all, not employees or managers of the airline), but there could be cause for confusion here in that what has also been strongly outlined is that passengers should be aware of these restraints in a general sense (such as that you are probably not as important to the airline as you'd like to think you are lol) to ground their expectations.

If you read your post in full I think that comes across clearly, but I thought it worth highlighting in case someone just quickly glances over the first paragraph. Like a sausage, we don't need to know what goes into it, but we should have a basic appreciation of what a sausage (or airline, in terms of how it acts) tastes like lol (so we don't expect it taste like spinach - or expect airlines to just accomodate every whim).