FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not declaring 2nd child / smuggle infant into Hotel?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:33 am
raph

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
my brain translated it to "I have no respect for a business contract which I voluntarily entered into because it isn't what I want."
Well... I'm not saying your translation is wrong, but it's not necessarily right either.

I indeed do not respect rules that were put in place because of IT Limitations, or just in order to try and create a standard that doesn't work and apply for everybody.

Marriott's Booking Engine for example only allows to select "X Guests/Room", and I'd suggest that it does make a big difference if a guest is 6 Months, 2 years, or 40 years old.

If the hotel is able to cater to three adults (provide an extra bed) AND babies in general, then common sense tells me that it can cater for two babies instead of a third adult. I may not expect them providing two cots free of charge, or any special treatment - but certainly not to be kicked out / refused service either.

Fortunately that has proven true in my case, as explained by the Hotel's Reservation Manager.

Anyway, I asked the property, got the answer I wanted (and if I didn't, they wouldn't have gotten my business) - so this is really a non-issue.